Myriad Reflections. Shastri Akella

Saturday, April 14, 2007


Purple Subways

Everyday
I cut a piece of
memory

and fling it
into the fire

I smile wickedly
eyes shining with evil
as I see the seething embers
eat at them

My memories
crumbling and burning
like hapless paper sheets

But when I wake in the morning
they are complete again

These wretched memories

Full, with the richness
of pained screams
passionate kisses
burgundy bedsheets
and final farewells

Back to haunt me
torment me
and see me through the end of madness

these memories of you.

But ah! I have discovered
a way to put an end
to their immortality

Tomorrow I will come
and lie beside you

And in that one single moment
when I turn
and our fingertips will meet

I shall gaze
into your hollow eyes

We will together
paint our dreams in the pink
blush of first love

and relish the smell of dahlias
growing above
the infinite dust of our cold graves

Then I will know
that they have burnt away
these memories of mine
in the purple subways
of afterlife
posted by Shaz at 4:13 AM

4 Comments:

I was devastated by the ending.

10:43 PM  

Filled me with pathos. Lovely.

10:44 PM  

Surely this should stand as one of the greats of modern poetry

2:58 AM  

SO GOOD

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home